Thursday, July 7, 2016

How I spent spring break 4: an explanation


So, farmboy, what is this article that you're writing?

Well, you know, I'm calling it an article because it feels that way at times. And there is a real possibility that I may take things and rewrite and edit and make it into an article. But, really, I  just thought I should write things down. If for no other reason than to get it out of my head for once and for all, hopefully. 'Cause I'll walk around all day and night writing it in my head. That's what my inner narrator is a lot of the time. And I'm not sure what to think of that.

Plus it's good for me to write like I'm a writer or something, you know? I hope it is anyway. I don't want to be an imitation of a writer; I want to find my own way of writing.

Like your songwriting?

Yeah, 'cept I'm much further ahead as a songwriter because I've been doing it for so long. It's kind of like my way of relating to the world, my way of processing things. Maybe it's putting them in an orderly fashion with rhyme and rhythm and melody. Maybe I just fuckin' lucked out, you know? Working in music is a privilege. 

Do you think you'll continue writing HISSB?

Hey, I like the fancy initials, man. 

But to answer your question: For the moment, yeah, I think I'll continue writing it. I don't know where it's going or if it's going anywhere. But it's going and it's obviously on my mind. So, yeah, I'm gonna keep writing it, at least for a little while.

Thanks for asking.


No comments:

Post a Comment