Wednesday, July 20, 2016

sugar over here 2


groceries in the cupboard
gas tank filled with gas
paycheck in my pocket
and the weekend's going fast
whiskey in my coffee
that good gorilla weed
banjos on the bandstand
just one more thing I need
          
          and that's you, darlin'
          let me whisper in your ear
          yeah, that's you, darlin'
          bring some sugar over here

sultry summer evening
sitting on the porch
singing with my baby
and my guitar, of course
look at that far horizon
midnight's coming soon
I need you harmonizing
by the the light of the silvery moon
          
          yeah, I need you, darlin'
          loving you should be my career
          I need you, darlin'
          bring some sugar over here

beggars can't be choosers
and I'm begging you
girl, I'm not a loser
nobody else will do
give me a mask of moonlight
I'll go down on one knee
I've only got one question
and I'm hoping you agree
          
          'cause it's you, darlin'
          I will be your volunteer
          yeah, it's you, darlin'
          bring some sugar over here
          for you, darlin'
          I will even shave my beard
          yeah, it's you, darlin'
          bring some sugar over here


No comments:

Post a Comment