Friday, April 16, 2010

Calm


So I've calmed down a bit.

Good. That's what you need to do. How do you feel?

I'm fuckin' exhausted, y'know? I don't like to talk about work, but I'll just say that today was a hard day. A physically hard day, I mean -- the day was good but I was beat at the end of it.

Also, I really need to take better care of myself. I, like, go through the whole day without eating hardly anything and drinking hardly anything. Then I come home and I'm tired and I get stoned and I want to eat everything in the refrigerator. That's really really not good.

I did eat this bean and barley soup I made Monday. I put peppers and chicken and cabbage and carrots in it and it was so fuckin' good, you wouldn't believe it. I finished it today.

I figured you'd be exhausted after all the emotional stuff. You had a pretty intense time for a while there, farmboy. Do you want to talk about it or leave it alone for a while?

I think leave it alone for a little while. I think right now is the time that I need to focus on music and how I'm going to support myself over the summer and taking care of myself physically, you know?

Sounds good.

I also want to work on writing songs. It's been going really well lately. I love it when it's going good, creativity-speaking.

Take advantage of it.

Yeah. Been listening to the new LCD Soundsystem. Been streaming it from their website. Also, this album All Hail West Texas from the Mountain Goats, which is pretty great. John Darnielle with just his guitar, I think. I love the way he plays guitar on this record. It's, like, he's playing rock 'n roll as if he's in a band but he's not in a band. I'm not sure if I'm making any sense here, but I should study John Darnielle's guitar playing on this record.

You sound good. Back to the old farmboy I know -- in a way. It's like you're looking forward to being the new farmboy.

Does this mean I have to be farm-man?

(laughs) No, you'll always be farmboy.

Good.


No comments:

Post a Comment