Thursday, April 1, 2010

The return of Pizza Day


Man. I am so tired. I'm so tired that I didn't even think of an April Fool gag to play on you.

I'm relieved. Why are you so tired?

Work. Money worries. Drama at work. Not to mention all that stuff from a week ago. I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't enter these songwriting competitions. I mean, I was reeling for what? A week? That's a lot of time to be so defeated. Maybe I'm too fucking sensitive, you know?

Maybe. So are you going to go to bed?

I'm thinking of laying down for a while. It's early. I don't know if I'll fall asleep or not. I'd like to not worry so fuckin' much, but the fact is I have legitimate worries. But it's like what you said about taking the time you'd be worrying and trying to come up with actions instead. Or something like that.

So, yeah, anyway, I'm gonna go lay down. Or lie down. I forget which is correct. Listen to something, I don't know what.

Music?

Probably some talky podcast thing. That's what I'm thinking.

Was today okay?

Today was hard. Tomorrow is Friday.

Hallelujah.

I gotta buy some groceries. I bought some today, but I'm out of, like, everything. Or lots of things. Man, I'm so tired I'm just one step away from talking gibberish. I mean, I'm discussing fuckin' groceries.

Go lay down.

Or lie down...

Get some rest. You got a weekend to look forward to.

Not to mention the return of Pizza Day!

Pizza Day? What is Pizza Day?

That when Friday comes and I stop at the cheap pizza joint on the way home from work. When money gets tight, well, it's Pizza Day that has to go. But I got paid yesterday. I don't have any money to spend -- I mean, I can't really afford to buy a CD or anything -- but I can afford to do Pizza Day, at least this week.

Sounds good. You deserve a Pizza Day, farmboy.

Everybody deserves Pizza Day.

Have a good rest.

I will. Good night, man.

By the way, what happened to calling me Clyde?

You don't seem like a Clyde to me. It feels awkward.

Good. I don't feel like a Clyde.

You still need a name.

I've got a name. You just don't know it.

I'm too tired to think of a name right now. But I will.

We'll see. Sweet dreams, farmboy.

Good night, Mr. Interview Guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment