Monday, April 26, 2010

Just hangin' out, you know?


Did you survive your personal day?

Yeah, it was good. I'm going to work tomorrow.

How about tonight?

Just hangin' out, you know? Listen to podcasts, read music blogs, play guitar. I went to the library to return books and I made a really healthy pot of chili with ground turkey and vegetables. I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep.In other words, I'm boring. Which is not necessarily a bad thing.

Nothing to talk about?

Not really. A decent day, you know, but nothing groundbreaking...

Which is okay. Which is good.

I like it and I think I may need it right now. How are you?

I'm good, farmboy. Thanks for asking.

So d'ya wanna meet tomorrow?

Sure.

I'm sorry. I wish my life was more exciting.

What? It's okay to search the internet and make chili...

Healthy chili. It's got vegetables. Zucchini, carrots, broccoli, celery...

That's chili? I thought living eleven years in Austin, Texas would have taught you what chili really is.

I know. I gotta have some way to eat vegetables.

They're good for you.


I know. But that doesn't make me dislike them any less. But this chili's not bad, really. It's got lots of garlic and onion and oregano and Serrano chili...wait, that might not be it. It's that really hot chili, that painfully hot hot, you know?

There's all that plus salt and freshly ground pepper and curry powder...

Curry powder?

Just a little. My mom would cook with curry. Her dad was from northern India. That's part of why I have such dark skin. Mexican and Indian. And Apache, but I don't know hardly anything about that. I'm glad I am, though.

So a little curry gives it a good taste. Trust me.

I do. I love curry.

Do you like Thai food?

Yes, but not too spicy.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I like, like, a medium level of spiciness. Too much, all I taste is the heat.

I love Thai food, but I can't afford to eat out much. It's fairly cheap, but it's still a stretch for me.

It's good stuff.

This is the most boring conversation we've ever had.

You haven't even said "fuck" yet. This is a record.

(laughs) Hey, fuck off, fuckin' motherfucker. Eat shit and vote Republican.

(laughs) What does that mean?

I don't know, but I don't mean it. I wouldn't wish voting Republican on anybody.

Good.

See you tomorrow?

I'll be here.


No comments:

Post a Comment