Saturday, April 10, 2010

Some kind of medicine


Good. You're back. How're you doing, farmboy.

Better. I scraped my pipe, got some resin, and smoked. Pure THC, don't you know. Then I decided to drink.

But you don't really drink...

Yeah, I know, but I needed some kind of medicine. I've had a bottle of wine in the refrigerator for a while. That $3 stuff from Trader Joe's. Anyway, that did the trick. Went online and listened to Big Star. Wrote a poem. Wanna hear it?

I sure do.

I call this "Suicide April 2010"

Goes like this:

suicide april 2010


i always wondered what happens

after you say

“i can’t take it any more”

tonight i found out

as i smoked dope

drank wine

ate cheeseburgers and fries

and listened to big star

because i figure

if i’m going to destroy myself

it may as well be enjoyable


That's good. It's not as sad as I would have thought from the title.


Thanks. I'm not really a poet, you know, I write lyrics. But once in a while I get a poem.


So what now?


I'm gonna go lay down and probably fall asleep.


Good idea. You must be exhausted. And drinking wine probably just adds to that, I'm sure.


Yeah.


How are you feeling, farmboy?


Oh, man, I feel like I would like some kindness but if anybody were to show me kindness I'd probably start fuckin' cryin'.


But, anyway, I gotta go to bed. I think I'm fading, dude.


Well, goodnight then.


Goodnight, man. Thanks for listening.


Hey farmboy?


Yeah.


You're a good guy. I'm glad we're friends.


Don't start me cryin', man.


No comments:

Post a Comment