Sunday, April 4, 2010

Listen, you give yourself permission


You're back! Happy Easter!

Happy Easter! How are you? How's your day been?

I'm good and it's been a good day. How about you?

It's been a good day. I kinda decided to be in a good mood because it's Easter. I slept in and went to buy groceries early, which I never do. I've got a ham slice for supper, and I'm thinking about making an omelet and potatoes with it, but I don't know if I want to go to that much work.

Breakfast for Easter dinner?

Yeah. But, man, I'm so fuckin' lazy. I betcha I don't do it.

So, did you have any human contact this weekend?

I saw my brother and his family and their friends. I talked to a friend who lives in California. I talked with my stepmother. (laughs) I went on Facebook. Any of that count?

Sure, it counts. It would be good for you to see some of your own friends, though.

I know. That is so true. I am going to start doing that. Next weekend.

Really?

I really need to try. I really need to a have a life away from the computer and marijuana. I really should be around musicians more. Other songwriters. Music listeners.

The Antlers are playing in town in May and I've decided to go. That's another thing I need to start doing, hearing live music...and other art type things to help me get inspired.

You want to connect with your fellow artists?

Uh...yeah, kinda. I guess. Would you call it that?

What would you call it?

Identification, maybe.

I think you should go see this group. The Antlers?

The Antlers. I think they're from Brooklyn. They made this great album called "Hospice." I think I've told you about them before.

Were they on your end of the year best-of list?

Number one, dude. I love that album.

You need to go see them.

But the money...

How much is it?

Twelve dollars.

Do it. Buy the ticket. It's an action.

Okay, I will. Thanks!

Listen, you give yourself permission. You know you should go and that it's reasonable for you to go. So go.

I will. I'm also gonna go get some relaxin' in before I have to go to bed.

Have a good Easter night, farmboy.

You too, man. Happy Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment