Thursday, April 15, 2010

Music as a full-time job


So.

So?

So I wrote the proposal to the non-profit about taking music to children with severe disabilities.

Good for you.

And...

Something else?

They had the meeting and I was accepted!

What? Way to go, farmboy! That is so cool!

Don't I know it, Mr. Interview Guy! It's so cool!

So how do you feel?

I feel good about it. It's $100 a performance for six performances over the summer. That's $600. That's, like, a month's rent. My income tax return is about $1,100 dollars. What I really need is $3000, and I already have concrete plans for $1700 of it. I'm more than halfway there! I have a chance to do music and music only for the summer -- music as a full-time job. Now, that would be something to be proud of.

And it's right there waiting for you, farmboy. I say go for it.

Yeah, I guess I have to. It would be the waste of a good opportunity if I didn't.

To say the least.

Yeah. It's kinda exciting now to see that it can be done. I know I've got some hard work, but I need to cross over that fear of business and feelings of non-self-worth and all that fuckin' crap, man. Here's an opportunity...

Grab it.

Yeah. It's kinda like if I didn't do it, I'd be a fuckin' pussy, y'know?

I'm here to help, you know.

And help you will, believe you me. There's a lot to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment