Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Saving myself. In a subtle way.


There you are. I missed you yesterday.

I had a training after work and, well, time got away from me. And, maybe, it's because I get tired off my own complaining. And, as you know, there hasn't been much good news lately. Just, you know, money stress and shit.

I have been doing some thinking, though. Maybe I should plan things like music is the only way I'm going to make any money during the summer. So I would have to plan things like recording and trying to get some paying gigs -- as a singer/songwriter, playing for children, playing for seniors, playing at churches, maybe even teaching a songwriting workshop.

I think that sounds great!

Yeah, well, it's a lot of fuckin' work and it's going to take some fuckin' courage.

Courage?

Yeah, 'cause I'm so convinced that everything's going to fall apart all the time and I'm gonna fail and stuff. Man, though, I think it's a chance to...

To what?

This is so cliched. It's a chance to be my own hero in a way. Saving myself. I'm being overdramatic here, but that's kinda what it feels like. (laughs) In a subtle way.

I say why not? I can help you, you know.

How?

I can help you organize things. Remember when you were doing the one-sheet bio and other things a while back?

Yeah. Before everything fell apart.

But everything didn't fall apart. You're still here.

Whatever. I remember what you're talking about, though.

You can do that again. You know how to work. Plus, it's music. This is what you were born to do. Just think how great you're going to feel if you can be a musician for the summer.

In a recession?

Okay, the timing could be better. What is your alternative? Got a better idea?

No.

Okay.

You're gonna have to help me here. I'm gonna need a lot of help.

I'm here, farmboy.

Then let's get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment