Tuesday, April 27, 2010

In the summer, with the window open


Man, I am so fuckin' tired.

Then go to bed. Go to sleep.

I can't.

Why not?

It's only 7:30, dude. Plus I got a chicken in the oven that's not done for another 15 minutes.

So what are you going to do?

Uh, I was thinking about maybe having, like, a conversation? With you?

Okay, let's talk.

Good. But I don't have a whole lot to say 'cause I'm tired.

Look, I'll ask you some questions.

Okay.

Give me an image of when you're feeling good.

I have this image of waking up early, in the summer, with the window open and your can feel a cool breeze on your skin and you know it's a new day.

That's a good image.

Yeah, I like that one. I want to wake up, rested, and it'll be summer and I won't have to go to work -- I mean, not at my job. I'll probably be playing a gig that day or evening or whatever.

That'll happen this summer.

That would be so fuckin' cool, man.

How's your chicken doing?

I'm sure it's almost done.

You should tend to that, and then get some rest, farmboy.

Oh, I'm going to.

'Night, farmboy.

'Night.


No comments:

Post a Comment